Thursday, November 13, 2008

My Ideal Partner


As we meet new and interesting people and consider relationships with them, it is so easy to base your desires on their exterior shell. Sometimes we don't take the time to look at what is truly inside that person. But the most important factor to consider before you get involved with someone, is understanding what it is that YOU truly are looking for, what you want, and what you need.



I don't know why this is coming out tonight; I just felt like putting my thoughts out there. So without further ado, these are my thoughts...



My ideal partner is loving, caring, intelligent, educated, charismatic, sexy, funny, kind-hearted, and romantic. She is the one that makes my eyes light up each and every time I see her. I will thank God for how lucky I am to have her in my life whenever she is in my presence. My appreciation for her will be exemplified by "just because" gestures. I can sit down on the couch with her after a hard day and feel comforted by her soft caress. She will shed a silver lining on the crumbiest day. I can sit down with her on a boardwalk as we listen to the ocean not uttering a word to one another but just appreciating each others presence. I'll look into her eyes and be able to see her soul as she gazes back at me reciprocating my energy. I'll accept her for who she is; appreciating both her strengths and shortcomings. I will do all that I can in efforts to support her aspirations and goals in life. She will understand that a great time out on the town is not limited to how much money is spent. I will think of her as I gaze in the sky and wonder if she is looking at the very same thing I am looking at connecting us through the cosmos. I will sense her frustrations and fear and comfort her with my honesty and commitment to "us." I will realize that not even the funkiest argument or disagreement is worth the loss of her. My ego and pride will be checked at the door in order to allow my expressions of love to shine through. She will be proud to have me as her man as I will be proud to have her as my woman. I will never give her a reason to feel threatened by any other and reserve all of my flirts and wittiness for her. I will be her biggest fan when she triumphs as well as share her pain when she fails ready to lift her up. I will know when to kiss her softly and when to embrace her. She will stroke the back of my head as we drive to our destination demonstrating her security and love for me. She'll rest her head on my shoulder just because she knows I am there for her. I take care of her when she's sick and nurse her back to health. I will continuously look for new ways to surprise her. I will purchase her gifts and write her notes exclaiming my dearest sentiments. We will light up a room with our energy when we enter it leaving others to comment on how great a couple we are. I will continue to grow with her through the years taking the good with the bad. I will listen to the words in songs and think of her. She will be my queen and my angel.



But most importantly...



She will feel the exact same way for me!
ORIGINAL POST DATE: 6/28/07 (YAHOO 360)

1 comment:

jendayi said...

i couldn't even finish this one. too much for me. just too much man. to read about the cosmos, the silver lining, the caress... shutup! boy just shutup! it's making my heart swell and i can't take it right now.

dang C! ur sensitive!